2010年6月5日 星期六

Joyeux Noel/ Merry Christmas

Joyeux Noel was a forgotten history in Christmas Eve in 1914. The authority of French even wanted to concel this thing until some missionaries spread this story gradually.










The director of this movie wanted to make a film about World War I. When he read "Battle of Flanders and Artois", he found a chapter named "Amazing Winter in 1914." In the winter, armies of German, Frence, and British had a ferious battle in the boundry of Frence. All of the three sides suffered great lost. On the battlefield, all soldiers seem to devote themselves for the battle, but actually they were pretty tired and exhausted with the coming of Christams.





At that time, a German tenor with his girlfriend coming to the frontline sang a touchful song "I'm dreaming of home" for all the soldiers. At this moment, not only German soldiers were touched but also the Frence and British soldiers. They all sang the same song and played instruments together. They shared their food and their missing of their family. Perhaps their language were different, but the enthusiasm and sincerity eased their distance and warmed their heart.

However, the reality couldn't be so perfect. After the touching Christmas Eve, the war continued for four years and the commanders were punished. However, the hope of enging war and sympathy of peace were revealed thoroughly in the Christmas Eve.






Joyeux Noel showed he value of peace. The director hoped that this movie not only inspired the people of the three countries, but also the everyone of the world. This forgotten history, the most warming, shortest and peaceful Christmas Eve.



In the groups of our daily life, not only the class or the club. All of us devoted ourselves to achieve the same goal and complete the same thing. However, as we know, it's impossible for everything to be done perfectly. Perhaps may occurred misunderstanding or some conflicts. At this time, we can see the originality of our behaviors is to achieve the same thing smoothly and completely. Only through the mutual understanding, mutual trust and mutual hope, we can receive the most precious accomplishment.




This is the song that they sang "I'm Dreaming of Home"


I hear the mountain birds

The sound of river singing

A soug I've often heard

It flows through me now

So clear and so loud

I stand where I am

And forever I'm dreaming of home

I feel so alone, I'm dreaming of home

It's carried in the air

The breeze of every morning

I see the land so fair

My heart opens wide

There's sadness inside

I stand where I am

And forever I'm dreaming of home

I feel so alone, I'm dreaming of home

This is no foreign sky

I see no foreign light

But far away am I

From some peaceful land

I'm longing to stand

A hand in my hand

forever I'm dreaming of home

I feel so alone, I'm dreaming of home

沒有留言:

張貼留言